HERE’S A ROUND-UP OF HOLIDAY SPECIFIC EVENTS, PLACES TO SHOP SMALL, WAYS TO GIVE BACK, AND OF COURSE, COMMUNE OVER SPECIAL HOLIDAY FOODS AND DRINKS, ALL AROUND OUR BELOVED NORTHSIDE!
EVENTS TO HELP GET YOU IN THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT (in order of date)
– Higher Gravity – Holiday Movie Trivia, Tuesday Dec.11 7pm-9pm – https://www.facebook.com/events/2187291708210620/
– The Hamilton Cincinnati – Holiday Pop Up Shop with Belle Sorelle Boutique, Thursday Dec.13 6pm-8pm – https://www.facebook.com/events/543116489489620/
– Urban Artifact – Merry Whatever! Social Hour & Gift Exchange, Friday Dec.14 6pm-8pm – https://www.facebook.com/events/259964444675835/
– Northside Yacht Club – Santamania 2018, three days and five stages of music, December 14-16 4pm-12am – https://www.facebook.com/events/324897351603088/
– Growing Trade Pet and Plant – Fifth Annual GlöggFest, Saturday Dec.15 5pm-9pm – https://www.facebook.com/events/587060681734212/
– C & D Northside – Secret Santa & Ugly Sweaters, Saturday Dec.15 7pm-10pm- https://www.facebook.com/events/268017027248325/
– THE COMET – 2018 Steve Schmidt Christmas Schmidtacular!, Wed/Thu/Fri Dec.19-21 8pm-12am – https://www.facebook.com/events/399583100781851
– Mixwells Northside – Girls & Boys Night Christmas Party Baby! DJs Puck & Phem Rockin! Friday, Dec.21 8pm-2:30am – https://www.facebook.com/events/905819669624878/
– Junker’s Tavern – A Very MES-y Christmas, featuring music by The Fall, Saturday, Dec. 22- https://www.facebook.com/events/274966293363054/
– Happen, Inc.. Free Pictures with Santa, Saturday Dec.22 10am-5pm – https://www.facebook.com/events/305465610066788/
– Tillies Lounge – That’s A Wrap! Gift wrapping by the Cincinnati Sisters, Sunday Dec.23 4pm-7pm – https://www.facebook.com/events/521583841653434/
– NorthChurch – Christmas Eve candlelight service, Monday Dec.24 9pm
DECEMBER FEATURES ALL MONTH LONG
– C & D Northside Charity Drink of the Month benefits ISQCCBE charities – Ask for “Jack Daniel’s Eggnog” – https://www.facebook.com/events/557982337995136/
– Higher Gravity – December Thursdays (6pm-11pm) evening draft beer sales benefit CAIN-Churches Active In Northside. In addition, you can bring a personal hygiene product: toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, tampons/pads, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, dish/laundry detergent, soap, razors, lotion, ethnic hair care and shaving supplies ALL MONTH LONG!
– The Littlefield – Drink of the Month benefits The Ohio Justice & Policy Center – Ask for “Another Shot Nog” (matcha green tea egg nog with apple brandy and spiced rum
– Sidewinder Coffee – Featuring special winter drinks and teas, as well as new merchandise – t-shirts, ceramic mugs & travel mugs
HOLIDAY FOODS + CATERING
– Ajani’s – Gourmet Strawberries – Specializing in chocolate covered strawberries, plus many other delicious sweet treats! Get your special order in now for your holiday events, call 513-400-2188 or email [email protected]
– Bonomini Bakery – Old school bakery goodness, offering cakes, cookies, donuts and so much more, family-owned and operated since 1976.
– Bridges Nepali Cuisine – Order delicious Nepali bowls and momos (dumplings) for your holiday event. Call Ash at 374-9354 or email at [email protected]
– Happy Chicks Bakery – Get your order in ASAP for vegan holiday pies, cookies, cakes, brownies, cupcakes and more sweet treats via www.happychicksbakery.com
– Morsel & Nosh – Offering a selection of Holiday Gift Baskets featuring some local foodie favorites. Place your order by Monday, Dec. 17th for delivery or pickup by Friday, Dec. 21st. Catering trays available too!
SMALL BIZ HOLIDAY SHOPPING IN NORTHSIDE
– Casablanca Vintage – Offering 20th century men’s and women’s clothing and accessories, with plenty of holiday sparkle to choose from. Gift certificates are also available.
– Chicken Lays an EGG – Offering vintage holiday attire, kitsch, and kooky socks. Gift certificates are also available.
– The Chocolate Bee – Offering holiday beeswax candles, gift-packaged honey, beeswax crayons, packaged chocolates & chocolate bars & chocolate by-the-bite, as well as locally made pottery and more. Gift certificates are also available.
– Growing Trade Pet and Plant – Pamper your pets with treats, gifts, grooming supplies offered at Growing Trade, plus seeds, plants, books and more for the urban gardener in your life.
– Hemptations Three – Offering hemp-made body products, food, clothes, bags, pet goods, hats, wraps, plastic, paper, jewelry…all made from HEMP; also carrying vaporizers, smokables, candles, incense, posters, books, detox, supplements and much, much more.
– Joseph Clark Gallery/Arts of Africa – Offering African statues and figures, masks, ritual objects, earthenware, textiles, tribal currencies, bronze figures and plaques, terracotta, jewelry, dolls and so much more.
– NVISION – Offering holiday gift ideas galore, from vintage clothing & accessories, to Mid-Century Modern housewares, to locally made jewelry, and handmade lightboxes & art by Matthew Shelton; gift certificates are also available in any denomination.
– Shake It Records – Offering non-traditional holiday cards, in addition to all their great merchandise, PLUS now offering a special blend of Shake It Grindcore Coffee, whole bean coffee by the pound, roasted especially for Shake It by Sidewinder Roastery, available at Shake It Records only. Gift certificates are also available.
– SPUN Bicycles – Offering bikes for all ages, Spun Socks, gift cards, bike lights, bike locks, t-shirts and more, PLUS now offering a special blend of Spun Out Coffee, whole bean coffee by the pound, roasted especially for Spun by Sidewinder Roastery, available at Spun Bicycles only. Gift certificates are also available.
DONATE TO NORTHSIDE NONPROFITS + NORTHSIDERS IN NEED
– Apple Street Market Cooperative – Give the Gift of an ASM Community Owner Share, with a physical Gift of Ownership Card.
– Building Value – Donate your tax-deductible building materials and salvaged architectural elements to help support BV’s programming, see examples of acceptable donations here https://buildingvalue.org/donation/, or give directly to their parent non-profit Easterseals Serving Greater Cincinnati.
– CAIN-Churches Active In Northside – To make a donation and help support Northside families in need, you can simply text CincinnatiGIVES to 41411, and follow the prompts.
– Caracole, Inc. – Support Caracole Inc. by buying your Christmas tree from Caracole’s Annual Christmas Tree Sale at Findlay Market, Dec.15-16 – https://www.facebook.com/events/1978104625826810/ OR honor or memorialize your friends and families as a way to give back to our community, call 513-761-1480, or send a check by mail to Caracole Inc., 4138 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45223 OR give here https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/MakeDonation.aspx…
– Happen, Inc. – Purchase Happen’s 2019 Canine Calendar for just $10, or a 45223 T-shirt from Happen, Inc. Breadwinners, or make a direct donation – http://www.happeninc.com/zzzdonatezzz
– NEST – Northsiders Engaged in Sustainable Transformation – Help support “progress” with conscience, and growth that’s grounded in real values, through the transformation of blighted and vacant properties into opportunities for home ownership – http://northsidenest.org/sustain-support/donate/
– WordPlay Cincy – Purchase a refurbished manual typewriter from their retail outlet Urban Legend Typewriters, for a budding writer on your gift giving list (by appointment only, call 513-541-0930 to schedule a visit, or email [email protected]) or, or just donate – https://www.wordplaycincy.org/donate
– Visionaries and Voices – Help support V+V’s programming by making a donation here https://visionariesandvoices.com/support/
NEW YEARS EVE EVENTS
– C & D Northside No Big Whoop NYE – Toasts begin at 8pm for those of you that can’t stay up. They’ll have drink specials & snacks. No Big Whoop! – https://www.facebook.com/events/717293548666344/
– Chameleon – New Years Eve with DJ Bev Rage, with champagne toast at midnight! NO COVER – https://www.facebook.com/events/272678070268018/
– THE COMET NYE – 2018 Undergraound Showdown with TRIIIBE and friends – https://www.facebook.com/events/548960518910907/
– Higher Gravity NYE – Ticket event so that only ticketed guests can drink in the bar making it for a more comfortable environment where EVERYONE has a seat. – https://www.facebook.com/events/337862523459412/
– Ruth’s Parkside Cafe – New Year’s Eve Lunch or Dinner! Accepting reservations from 2 to 25, call 513-542-7884 – https://www.facebook.com/events/1748862978552091/
– Urban Artifact NYE – FUNK OFF 2018! with some get down funk music and wild beer all night long- https://www.facebook.com/events/1768142453314667/