HERE’S A ROUND-UP OF HOLIDAY SPECIFIC EVENTS, PLACES TO SHOP SMALL, WAYS TO GIVE BACK, AND OF COURSE, COMMUNE OVER SPECIAL HOLIDAY FOODS AND DRINKS, ALL AROUND OUR BELOVED NORTHSIDE!
EVENTS TO HELP GET YOU IN THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT (in order of date)
– NorthChurch – Christmas Eve candlelight service, Monday Dec.24 9pm
DECEMBER FEATURES ALL MONTH LONG
– Higher Gravity – December Thursdays (6pm-11pm) evening draft beer sales benefit CAIN-Churches Active In Northside. In addition, you can bring a personal hygiene product: toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, tampons/pads, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, dish/laundry detergent, soap, razors, lotion, ethnic hair care and shaving supplies ALL MONTH LONG!
– The Littlefield – Drink of the Month benefits The Ohio Justice & Policy Center – Ask for “Another Shot Nog” (matcha green tea egg nog with apple brandy and spiced rum
– Sidewinder Coffee – Featuring special winter drinks and teas, as well as new merchandise – t-shirts, ceramic mugs & travel mugs
HOLIDAY FOODS + CATERING
– Ajani’s – Gourmet Strawberries – Specializing in chocolate covered strawberries, plus many other delicious sweet treats! Get your special order in now for your holiday events, call 513-400-2188 or email [email protected]
– Bonomini Bakery – Old school bakery goodness, offering cakes, cookies, donuts and so much more, family-owned and operated since 1976.
– Morsel & Nosh – Offering a selection of Holiday Gift Baskets featuring some local foodie favorites. Place your order by Monday, Dec. 17th for delivery or pickup by Friday, Dec. 21st. Catering trays available too!
SMALL BIZ HOLIDAY SHOPPING IN NORTHSIDE
– Casablanca Vintage – Offering 20th century men’s and women’s clothing and accessories, with plenty of holiday sparkle to choose from. Gift certificates are also available.
– Chicken Lays an EGG – Offering vintage holiday attire, kitsch, and kooky socks. Gift certificates are also available.
– The Chocolate Bee – Offering holiday beeswax candles, gift-packaged honey, beeswax crayons, packaged chocolates & chocolate bars & chocolate by-the-bite, as well as locally made pottery and more. Gift certificates are also available.
– Growing Trade Pet and Plant – Pamper your pets with treats, gifts, grooming supplies offered at Growing Trade, plus seeds, plants, books and more for the urban gardener in your life.
– Hemptations Three – Offering hemp-made body products, food, clothes, bags, pet goods, hats, wraps, plastic, paper, jewelry…all made from HEMP; also carrying vaporizers, smokables, candles, incense, posters, books, detox, supplements and much, much more.
– Joseph Clark Gallery/Arts of Africa – Offering African statues and figures, masks, ritual objects, earthenware, textiles, tribal currencies, bronze figures and plaques, terracotta, jewelry, dolls and so much more.
– NVISION – Offering holiday gift ideas galore, from vintage clothing & accessories, to Mid-Century Modern housewares, to locally made jewelry, and handmade lightboxes & art by Matthew Shelton; gift certificates are also available in any denomination.
– Shake It Records – Offering non-traditional holiday cards, in addition to all their great merchandise, PLUS now offering a special blend of Shake It Grindcore Coffee, whole bean coffee by the pound, roasted especially for Shake It by Sidewinder Roastery, available at Shake It Records only. Gift certificates are also available.
– SPUN Bicycles – Offering bikes for all ages, Spun Socks, gift cards, bike lights, bike locks, t-shirts and more, PLUS now offering a special blend of Spun Out Coffee, whole bean coffee by the pound, roasted especially for Spun by Sidewinder Roastery, available at Spun Bicycles only. Gift certificates are also available.
DONATE TO NORTHSIDE NONPROFITS + NORTHSIDERS IN NEED
– Apple Street Market Cooperative – Give the Gift of an ASM Community Owner Share, with a physical Gift of Ownership Card.
– Building Value – Donate your tax-deductible building materials and salvaged architectural elements to help support BV’s programming, see examples of acceptable donations here https://buildingvalue.org/donation/, or give directly to their parent non-profit Easterseals Serving Greater Cincinnati.
– CAIN-Churches Active In Northside – To make a donation and help support Northside families in need, you can simply text CincinnatiGIVES to 41411, and follow the prompts.
– Caracole, Inc. – Support Caracole Inc. by buying your Christmas tree from Caracole’s Annual Christmas Tree Sale at Findlay Market, Dec.15-16 – https://www.facebook.com/events/1978104625826810/ OR honor or memorialize your friends and families as a way to give back to our community, call 513-761-1480, or send a check by mail to Caracole Inc., 4138 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45223 OR give here https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/MakeDonation.aspx…
– NEST – Northsiders Engaged in Sustainable Transformation – Help support “progress” with conscience, and growth that’s grounded in real values, through the transformation of blighted and vacant properties into opportunities for home ownership – http://northsidenest.org/sustain-support/donate/
– WordPlay Cincy – Purchase a refurbished manual typewriter from their retail outlet Urban Legend Typewriters, for a budding writer on your gift giving list (by appointment only, call 513-541-0930 to schedule a visit, or email [email protected]) or, or just donate – https://www.wordplaycincy.org/donate
NEW YEARS EVE EVENTS
– Higher Gravity NYE – Ticket event so that only ticketed guests can drink in the bar making it for a more comfortable environment where EVERYONE has a seat. – https://www.facebook.com/events/337862523459412/