Northside has had a lot of business comings, goings, movings, and expansions of service in the last 6 months or so, thought you might like to read a round-up of these changes and learn what’s new within our business community.
– Liberty Exhibition Hall: event space which includes programming from Liberty Jazz Lab (monthly jazz shows), Clifton Performance Theatre (theater productions), and Improv Cincinnati (comedy shows) *Next event is Friday, November 2, featuring the The Original Farm League Band featuring Sam Blakeslee, 3938 Spring Grove Avenue.
– For Goodness Shakes and Juicery: independent smoothie and juice shop also offering frutacado bowls, specialty drinks and foods, right in the heart of Northside next to Hoffner Park, 4119 Hamilton Avenue.
– Wildfire Pizza Kitchen: available within or take-out from Urban Artifact’s taproom, plus online ordering options, 1660 Blue Rock Street.
– Sidewinder Coffee Roastery: roasting coffee beans for its flagship coffee shop, and for retail purchase, 3809 Spring Grove Avenue; coffee by the cup is not available at the Roastery, but you can enjoy that and more at their coffee shop 1/2 mile away on the strip, 4181 Hamilton Avenue.
– Caracole, Inc. : major expansion of offices and services within their current building, check it out at their OPEN HOUSE -> We’ve Grown Again! Join us for an Open House! Friday, November 2, 3pm-5pm, 4138 Hamilton Avenue.
– COVET: vintage shop, 3935 Spring Grove Avenue, but moving to where Mixwells was, at 4169 Hamilton Avenue.
– Hoop & Needle, 4019 Hamilton Avenue.
– Fat City Billiards (space might still be available for lease), 4023 Hamilton Avenue.
– Bistro Grace (space might still be available for sale/lease), 4034 Hamilton Avenue.
– Redeux (space might still be available for lease), 4208 Hamilton Avenue.
– Growing Trade Pet and Plant moved to a bigger location, with a courtyard(!), on Spring Grove Avenue, and will soon have self-serve dog washing stations available, 3840 Spring Grove Avenue.
– Pallet23 moved to Newport KY.
– Northside Surplus Co. moved/consolidated to a single location in Fairfield at 4836 Dixie Highway (the Northside location is available for sale, 4019 Spring Grove Avenue).
– Chase Public moved to Camp Washington.
– Tango Northside moved to where Chase Public was, above Jackson-Hewitt, at 1569 Chase Avenue.
– Mixwells Northside is moving to where Barrio was on Spring Grove Avenue next to the BP station, 3935 Spring Grove Avenue.
BIZES COMING SOON:
– Morsel & Nosh: fine cheeses, cured meats, catering and more (opening Spring 2019, but you can order beautifully arranged special event trays and catering from them in the meantime), 4183 Hamilton Avenue.
– The Park Diner – Northside: fresh takes on classic diner fare, with vegan-friendly options, located in the former Park Chili building (opening December 2018), 4160 Hamilton Avenue.
– Mahope: Cambodian cuisine prepared with fresh ingredients, sourced locally when available (opening sometime 2019 next to Mixwells), 3935 Spring Grove Avenue.
– California Vapor Lounge: where Hoop & Needle was (opening December 2018), 4019 Hamilton Avenue.
– The Factory: private events space housed in a reborn machine tool factory in the heart of Northside (opening Spring 2019), 1546 Knowlton Street.
– Taqueria 251: Mexican fare and street food, restaurant located next to Higher Gravity in the Gantry building (opening Spring 2019), 4100 Hamilton Avenue.
– Humble Monk Brewing Co.: homegrown local brewery that brews high quality craft beer (opening before year’s end), 1645 Blue Rock Street.
– Ajani’s – Gourmet Strawberries: delicious strawberry and chocolate treats for all your special events (opening December 2018, but you can can special order tasty party packages in the meantime), 4210 Hamilton Avenue.
– Apple Street Market Cooperative: full service grocery store (projected opening 2020), 4145 Apple Street.