Since the traditional Northside 4th of July Parade and the Northside Rock ‘N Roll Carnival were COVID-ed this year, the Northside 4th of July Parade Committee has developed an alternate plan for the 4th of July this year, THIS SUNDAY, with block parties and a map of decorated houses, aka house floats, see MAP HERE>> https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer…<< and check back for additional pins as more houses announce participation, or add your own home!
The block parties listed below are all unique, as are the decorated houses throughout Northside.
• Haight Avenue 12pm-4pm
• Ludlow Place 12pm-5pm
• Cherry Street 3pm-7pm
• Brookside Avenue 3:30pm-5:30pm
–>If you have questions, or would like to add your home to the map, please contact Northsideparade@gmail.com.
ADDITIONALLY, the following Northside businesses will be open with their respective offerings listed below–we encourage you to dine in or enjoy a carryout picnic with friends and neighbors in Hoffner Park, the weather is supposed to be great!
• C & D Northside open 4pm-12am
• Chameleon open hours 4pm-12am (kitchen closed)
• Higher Gravity open hours 1pm-9pm
• Humble Monk Brewing Co. open 1pm-7pm, with food truck Kealoha’s Kitchen offering Hawaiian fusion BBQ
• Liberty Exhibition Hall 10:30am-12:30pm Family-Friendly Ecstatic Dance, $15-$20 suggested donation, $3 for 12 year olds and younger
• Northside Gardens/MixWells open 3pm with DJs, drinks, and BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, along with veggie favs like the black bean burger with mac n cheese
• Northside Tavern open 3pm-2:30am
• Second Place open 11am-12am, with a grill out w/special menu all day
• Tillie’s Lounge open at 1pm, and presenting NEDS ..”Never ending drag show” in the rear Hamilton parking lot. Three FREE sets during the day 3pm, 4pm, 5pm. Guests are encouraged to park and pay to reserve a spot. All ages are welcome.
• Urban Artifact open 12pm-6pm
• Bridges Nepali Cuisine open 11am-8pm
• The Littlefield open 11am-9pm, with a grill out w/special menu all day
• Melt Revival open 10am-2pm
• Northside Yacht Club open 11am-2am, with a grill out and karaoke party
• N.Y.P.D. Pizza Inc. (Northside) open 12pm-10pm
• Tickle Pickle Northside open 11am-8pm
• Sally’s Treats & Treasures open 12pm-3pm, with lots of grilling tools, kitchen items, and fully stocked with pints of Aglamesis Ice Cream
– DSGNCllctv art opening with artist Tenzing. . .
SATURDAY, JULY 3rd
• THE COMET and Bombs Away! Comedy present Grotto Fest, an all day comedy festival celebrating one year of comedy at the Comet, 1pm-12am, featuring 2 stages, 5 sets, and 30 comedians: shows at 2pm, 3:30pm, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm; all day passes, or single set tix available; to purchase tix or for more info visit https://bombsawaycomedy.com/grottofest