NORMAL IS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
* except that we still have to pay for sh*t in the meantime <<< TP jokes too soon ? 😉
Northside’s Business District is special in that it is almost exclusively owned and operated by local residents, including the employees supported by them. If you’re able, please place an order from one or some of them, or inquire about purchasing gift certificates for future use, which enables some cash flow for now to float them til the gathering restrictions are lifted. Read on for specifics, which will be updated as much as we can stay on top of them.
PLEASE NOTE: This list will be updated as we receive new info <last update 3/30/20 1:45pm>
>> Here is the official State of Ohio Coronavirus website that is updated at least daily to help inform us of the stats and current restrictions, https://coronavirus.ohio.gov
VULNERABLE COMMUNITY AT LARGE
CAIN-Churches Active In Northside assists 45223 ZIP code households who are low-income and under-resourced with food and other necessities, meals, and shelter. >> If you are able, please make a donation to support their mission via https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/CAIN
• CAIN’s Rainbow Choice Food Pantry helps to increase access to healthy, high-quality, and safe food for food-insecure families in Northside. *CURRENTLY THEY ARE IN NEED OF BULK PAPER AND REUSABLE BAGS FOR PANTRY DISTRIBUTION* Pantry guests will now have to remain outside the building. Numbers will be distributed and guests will receive prepackaged bags of food like they would normally receive from the pantry. Pantry will remain open during normal pantry hours MON 6pm-8pm & TUE+THU 10am-1pm. *In case of bad weather, CAIN follows Cincinnati Public schools discretion.
• Phil’s Place free community weekly dinner (NOW FOR CARRY-OUT ONLY)
• In collaboration with Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN), Grace Place provides shelter to women and children in transition from homelessness.
• Happen, Inc. is compiling fun online Happen@Home activities for the whole family at www.happeninc.com/happen-at-home. Check back regularly for new activities and videos that educate, entertain and empower! >> If you are able, please make a donation to support their mission at https://www.happeninc.com/zzzdonatezzz.
• WordPlay Cincy wants to hear your stories! Because, even in times of isolation and challenge, stories connect us and strengthen our bonds. “What are your stories of facing adversity head-on? Vulnerability, defiance, connection, isolation, resilience, humor… we want to hear them all.” Email your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org, and WordPlay Cincy will share a daily selection from submissions. >> If you are able, please make a donation to support their mission via https://www.wordplaycincy.org/donate. WordPlay Cincy is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded and located in Northside, with a mission to create spaces for young people to fulfill their potential by discovering, honoring and sharing their voices.
• Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County offers digital resources that can be accessed anywhere and anytime with your library card, including e-books, podcasts, at-home learning resources, and so much more. Visit their dedicated webpage for news, tips, resources, and FAQs, https://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/covid19.
NORTHSIDE FARMERS MARKET
• Northside Farmers Market is still open every WEDNESDAY 4pm-7pm, outside behind NorthChurch, 4222 Hamilton Ave. Several vendors sell eggs, meat, produce, prepared foods, and more. NFM is taking extra precautions to maintain the safety of both customers and vendors. When you visit, you are encouraged to use the hand-washing station often, and maintain a distance of 6 feet from your neighbors and vendors aided by X’s on the ground. Vendors disinfect their tables often and use hand sanitizer or gloves between each customer. There is now a pre-order website to make shopping at the market even faster. For more information, visit www.northsidefm.org
PET + GARDEN + PLANT STUFF
• Growing Trade Pet and Plant is open for curbside pickup and delivery only, SAT-WED 12pm-6pm. Call ahead or email to place an order, Orders@growingtradestore.com or 513-541-1321, 513-570-0845, or 904-635-9478. Pickup at curbside is free, delivery will be subject to a small fee ($2 in Northside, $3 Clifton & College Hill) with a $10 minimum order. 100% of delivery fees will go directly to the driver as compensation for using their own vehicle.
• Blue Jay Restaurant is open MON-SAT 8am-3:30pm for carry-out only, check their Facebook page for the day’s special, and call ahead to place an order for pickup at 513-541-0847.
• Chameleon Pizza is open 12pm-9pm for curbside carry-out pizza and delivery, via credit card only, including a 15% auto-gratuity for the staff. Call 513-541-2073 or place an order online at https://chameleonpizza.com.
• The Chocolate Bee is open for pre-order and curbside pickup only. Pickup TUE/THU/SAT 12pm-3pm, or by appointment. Place your order on their website chocolatebeecincy.com or via email at Chocolatebeecincy@gmail.com, or call it in at 513-591-0085.
• The Comet – Starting Monday 3/30/20, your favorite Comet fare, beer & wine, will be available for curbside pickup, MON-SAT 3pm-8pm, menu link coming soon. Call ahead to place your order with a credit card, 513-541-8900.
• Django Western Taco is open for carry-out, offering the regular menu and To-Go Dinners for Two to take home and heat up. Check their Facebook page for the day’s specials and call ahead to place your order with your credit card, 513-978-0619.
• Happy Chicks Bakery is open for carry-out and cake orders via curbside pickup, TUE-SAT 9am-4pm. Check out their menu at https://www.happychicksbakery.com/lunch–savories, and call ahead to place an order, 513-386-7990.
• The Kitchen Factory is open for curbside pickup, carry-out, or via Uber Eats. Hours are WED-SUN 2pm-10pm, no late night window service. Check out their menu at http://kitchenfactorynorthside.com, and call ahead to place an order, 513-591-3333.
• Melt Revival is open MON-SAT 11am-7pm for carry-out and delivery through DoorDash. View their daily menu at https://meltrevival.com/…/wp…/uploads/2020/03/lunch12520.pdf and call ahead, 513-818-8951.
• Morsel & Nosh is still offering charcuterie trays for pickup or delivery, see the menu at https://www.facebook.com/morselandnosh/menu. Place an order and schedule pickup/delivery via email at email@example.com.
• Tickle Pickle Northside is open 11am-8pm for call in (513-954-4003) and online ordering for carry-out (https://ticklepickle-108261.square.site/), and delivery via DoorDash, GrubHub, Postmates, and UberEats.
• Higher Gravity is open for beer & wine carry-out, curbside pickup, TUES-SUN 2pm-7pm. View their inventory at https://highergravitycrafthaus.com/beer. Limited delivery is available 1pm-5pm. You can call ahead to place an order, 513-813-3523, or email your order to HigherGravityNorthside@gmail.com and send your list of items, phone number & delivery address.
• Humble Monk Brewing Co. is open for carry out beer in 16oz crowler cans WED-FRI 4pm-8pm, SAT-SUN 12pm-8pm. Call ahead to place your order, 513-510-4615, or order online at https://www.humblemonkbrewing.com/store/c5/Draft_On_Demand.html.
• The Listing Loon: Wine/Booze/Live Music is open for carry-out beer & wine only WED-FRI 3pm-8pm, SAT-SUN 12pm-8pm, place an order via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; preorders must be placed by Tuesdays at 12pm.
• Sidewinder Coffee is open for carry-out, 8am-3pm, and you can order packaged coffee online via www.sidewindercoffee.com/shop. Call in your order for curbside pickup, credit card payments only. Also offering free delivery of whole bean or ground retail coffee packages to those living in the 45223 area MON-FRI.
• Urban Artifact is offering carry-out of packaged beers plus crowlers of their draft beers WED/THU/FRI 4pm-8pm, SAT/SUN 12pm-8pm; direct shipping is available to anywhere in Ohio for a flat rate of $14.99, FREE shipping on orders over $60. Shop online via their website www.artifactmerch.com, which also has their branded merch available. Call ahead for carry-out orders, 513-542-4222.
PHARMACY + RETAIL + SERVICES
• Downbound Books can keep you stocked on reading material, plus puzzles for kids and adults. As long as schools are closed, Downbound is extending their normal teacher discount to everyone in the Cincinnati area: 20% off all in-stock children’s books (including workbooks). Order online for home delivery via USPS at https://www.downboundbooks.com. Media Mail shipping is free for orders of $25 or more, and Northsiders pay no shipping regardless of the order’s size. See their dedicated page for the full overview of options as things develop https://www.downboundbooks.com/?q=p.bummer_camp
• Helltown Workshop upholstery services are available by appointment, call 513-263-0204.
• Hi-Bred is open by appointment only, call 513-240-4664.
• Northside Hardware is open MON-FRI 9:30am-6pm, SAT 9:30am-4pm, call to see if they have what you need 513-541-1271.
• NVISION is open by appointment, offering clothing alterations/repair and non-essential vintage cheer-up items for local pickup (furniture, clothing, accessories, games, housewares, kitsch). Select products are available for postal delivery when ordered through their website, www.nvisionshop.com. Check additional product photos on Instagram @nvisionshop or their FB page. To schedule an appointment for clothing alterations/repair, or for purchase inquiries, email email@example.com or leave a voicemail/text at 513-542-4577.
• Sally’s Treats & Treasures offers high quality resale kitchenware, both up-to-the-minute and vintage. With people staying in and cooking, they are realizing that they need some things here and there. Sally’s is available by appointment, call ahead to see if they have what you need, 916-300-8367.
• Schaeper’s Pharmacy is open via their new pickup window, MON-FRI 9am-7pm, SAT 9am-3pm, and they even offer prescription delivery to MOST local areas for $3. Order and pay ahead, call 513-541-0354. Check out services and products on their website, https://www.schaeperspharmacy.com/services-and-products.
• SPUN Bicycles is open for bicycle repairs, helmets, lights and misc accessories, available TUE-THU 11am-7pm, FRI 11am-6pm, SAT 10am-4pm. Call ahead to see if they have what you need, 513-541-7786.
Please remember, while out of work, many of us are still able-bodied with respective skills and resources that could be shared in some way that we may not have previously thought about. We can put our collective efforts toward common goals, like hey, people can still go outside and could be taking walks while picking up litter, make Northside the cleanest it’s ever been!