NORMAL IS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
Northside’s Business District is special in that it is almost exclusively owned and operated by local residents, including the employees supported by them. If you’re able, please place an order from one or some of them, or inquire about purchasing gift certificates for future use, which enables some cash flow for now to float them til the gathering restrictions are lifted. Read on for specifics, which will be updated as much as we can stay on top of them.
PLEASE NOTE: This list is being updated as we receive new info <last update 7/13/20 4:15pm>
>> Here is the official State of Ohio Coronavirus website that is updated at least daily to help inform us of the stats and current restrictions, https://coronavirus.ohio.gov
VULNERABLE COMMUNITY AT LARGE
CAIN-Churches Active In Northside assists Northside residents who are low-income and under-resourced with food, personal care items, and more. Primarily serving people in the 45223 ZIP code however anyone can visit the pantry.
• CAIN’s Rainbow Choice Food Pantry helps to increase access to healthy, high-quality, and safe food, personal care items and other necessities to people in need. Pantry guests now have to remain outside the building. Numbers will be distributed and guests will receive prepackaged bags of food like they would normally receive from the pantry. Pantry will remain open during normal pantry hours, MON 5pm-7pm & TUE+THU 10am-1pm.
• Phil’s Place free community weekly dinner provides carry out meals on Mondays at 5pm.
• Happen, Inc. is compiling fun online Happen@Home activities for the whole family at www.happeninc.com/happen-at-home. Check back regularly for new activities and videos that educate, entertain and empower! >> If you are able, please make a donation to support their mission at https://www.happeninc.com/zzzdonatezzz.
• WordPlay Cincy wants to hear your stories! Because, even in times of isolation and challenge, stories connect us and strengthen our bonds. “What are your stories of facing adversity head-on? Vulnerability, defiance, connection, isolation, resilience, humor… we want to hear them all.” Email your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org, and WordPlay Cincy will share a daily selection from submissions. >> If you are able, please make a donation to support their mission via https://www.wordplaycincy.org/donate. WordPlay Cincy is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded and located in Northside, with a mission to create spaces for young people to fulfill their potential by discovering, honoring and sharing their voices.
• Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County offers digital resources that can be accessed anywhere and anytime with your library card, including e-books, podcasts, at-home learning resources, and so much more. Visit their dedicated webpage for news, tips, resources, and FAQs, https://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/covid19. You can also access their FREE WIFI from their parking lot or immediate vicinity.
NORTHSIDE FARMERS MARKET
• Northside Farmers Market is still open every WEDNESDAY 4pm-7pm, outside behind NorthChurch, 4222 Hamilton Ave. Several vendors sell eggs, meat, produce, prepared foods, and more. NFM is taking extra precautions to maintain the safety of both customers and vendors. When you visit, you are encouraged to use the hand-washing station often, and maintain a distance of 6 feet from your neighbors and vendors aided by X’s on the ground. Vendors disinfect their tables often and use hand sanitizer or gloves between each customer. There is now a pre-order website to make shopping at the market even faster. For more information, visit www.northsidefm.org
PET + GARDEN + PLANT STUFF
• Growing Trade Pet and Plant is open for walk-ins, curbside pickup, and delivery, TUE-SUN 11am-7pm. Please wear a face covering if you enter the shop, masks are also available for $1 (at cost). Also, please no groups, and observe social distancing. For those who want to limit close contact, please order through their website: www.growingtradestore.com. Don’t see what you need? Call the shop at 513-541-1321 for special requests, or if you can’t find something in the online store. Pickup in the courtyard is free, delivery will be subject to a small fee ($2 in Northside, $3 Clifton & College Hill) with a $10 minimum order.
• Blue Jay Restaurant is now open MON-SAT 8am-3:30pm for dine-in again, check their Facebook page for the day’s special, and call ahead to place an order if you prefer to carry-out, 513-541-0847.
• Boswell’s Cincinnati is now open TUE-SUN 11am-10pm, kitchen closes at 9pm. Limited seating is available so all parties will be limited to 10 people or fewer, and must remain seated unless using the restroom or leaving. Patio dining and carry-out is also available. See the new limited menu pinned on their Facebook page.
• Chameleon Pizza is open KITCHEN – 4pm-11pm, BAR – 5pm-11pm, requiring masks and checks temperatures at the door; credit/debit cards only. Limited seating is available so all parties will be limited to 6 people or fewer, and must remain seated unless ordering from the bar, using the restroom or leaving. You can still order food/pizza for carry-out and delivery, via credit card only, including a 15% auto-gratuity for the staff. Call 513-541-2073 or place an order online at https://chameleonpizza.com.
• The Chocolate Bee is open for in-person shopping, one shopper at a time, THU & SAT 11pm-4pm; shoppers are asked to wear masks and hand sanitize as they come in. You can also pre-order for curbside pickup by appointment, by placing an order on their website chocolatebeecincy.com or via email at Chocolatebeecincy@gmail.com, or call it in at 513-591-0085.
• The Comet is open MON-SAT 4pm-9pm, offering your favorite Comet fare, beer, wine and boozy drinks, available for carry-out. Order from their menu, http://cometbar.com/dinner-menu, and call ahead to place your order with a credit card, 513-541-8900. Limited patio seating is now available; guests must wear a mask when going inside to use the facilities.
• Darou Salam Senegalese restaurant in the heart of Northside, offering tasty dishes like lamb shanks, plantains, and dibi. Located past the courtyard next to Northside Tavern, 4163 Hamilton Avenue. Call to place an order 513-681-3663, or walk-up carry-out.
• Django Western Taco is open for carry-out, offering the regular menu and To-Go Dinners for Two to take home and heat up. Check their Facebook page for the day’s specials and call ahead to place your order with your credit card, 513-978-0619.
• Dojo Gelato Northside is now open 1:30pm-9:30pm TUE-SUN, serving gelato, espresso, and soft serve ice cream from their walk-up window.
• For Goodness Shakes & Juicery is open for carry-out TUE-SUN 10am-5pm. See their menu on the website, https://www.forgoodnessshakesandjuicery.com/shakes/#menu, and call ahead to place an order for pickup, 513-541-0625.
• The Hamilton Cincinnati is open TUE/WED/THU 4pm-10pm, FRI/SAT 4pm-11pm, for drinks and small plates.
• Happy Chicks Bakery is open for carry-out and cake orders via curbside pickup, TUE-SAT 9am-4pm. Check out their menu at https://www.happychicksbakery.com/lunch–savories, and call ahead to place an order, 513-386-7990.
• The Kitchen Factory is open for curbside pickup, carry-out, or via Uber Eats. Hours are WED+THU 2pm-10pm, FRI 2pm-12pm, SAT 12pm-12pm, SUN 2pm-10pm, no late night window service. Check out their menu at http://kitchenfactorynorthside.com, and call ahead to place an order, 513-591-3333.
• The Littlefield is open for carry-out and outdoor patio seating, WED-THU 5pm-8pm, FRI 5pm-10pm, SAT 3pm-10pm, SUN 3pm-8pm, for burgers, boozy shakes, cocktails, and more, walk-up or call ahead to place an order, 513-386-7570.
• Melt Revival is open TUES-SAT 11am-8pm, and now Sunday Brunch is back 10am-2pm, available for carry-out, and delivery through DoorDash. View their daily menu at https://meltrevival.com/…/wp…/uploads/2020/03/lunch12520.pdf and call ahead, 513-818-8951. Patio seating is now available for outdoor dining.
• Northside Yacht Club is open weekends only, FRI/SAT/SUN 4pm-9pm, offering a limited menu of some of their more popular food items, plus boozy drinks, packaged beer, growlers, and more. Check their Facebook page to see each weekend’s menu and pricing. Call to order, and pay and pick-up on the back bar, 513-541-0528 or 513-429-0359.
• Ruth’s Parkside Cafe is now back open MON-FRI 11:30am-9pm (dinner menu starts at 5pm), SAT 4pm-9pm (dinner menu only), for dining room and patio seating. Call 513-542-7884 for reservations or to place an order for carry-out.
• Tickle Pickle Northside is open 11am-8pm for call in (513-954-4003) and online ordering for carry-out (https://ticklepickle-108261.square.site/), and delivery via DoorDash, Postmates, and UberEats. Their courtyard is now open for outdoor dining; masks are required inside.
• Higher Gravity is open TUE-THU 3pm-10, FRI-SUN 2pm-10pm. All guests are encouraged to wear masks; limited seating is available, up to 10 per group, inside or on the patio. Guests must remain seated unless ordering from the bar, using the restroom or leaving. You can still order online for beer & wine carry-out, view their inventory at https://highergravitycrafthaus.com/beer. You can also call ahead to place an order, 513-813-3523, or email your order to HigherGravityNorthside@gmail.com and send your list of items, phone number & delivery address.
• Humble Monk Brewing Co. taproom is back open WED-FRI 4pm-8pm, FRI 4pm-11pm, SAT 12pm-11pm, SUN 1pm-7pm. You can also enjoy their beer garden Friday thru Sunday. You can still carry-out or ask for curbside pickup & order online here: https://humblemonkstore.square.site/, or call with questions, 513-510-4615.
• Junker’s Tavern is open MON-FRI 11am-4pm, capacity will be held to 25 people in the bar at one time, and masks are required upon entry, followed by a temperature scan and use of hand sanitizer. All cocktails will be served in plastic containers, and the booths have been replaced by small tables spaced apart. Cash and Venmo accepted.
• The Listing Loon: Wine/Booze/Live Music is open for wine, sake, and beer carryout TUE-FRI 3pm-8pm, SAT 12pm-8pm, SUN 12pm-5pm. The first hour of every day is reserved for elderly and high health risk customers. Pre-orders are welcome by email at email@example.com but not required. Cash and contactless payment options available. Swing by for Food Truck Fridays with Jenn’s Hot Tamales parked nearby every Friday 4:30pm-8pm.
• Second Place is open for carry-out slushies, ginger beer, package beer, wine, and growlers, THU 5pm-8pm, FRI/SAT 5pm-10pm, and SUN 5pm-8pm, operating at the back door for both to go orders and limited patio service.
• Northside Tavern is open 4pm-10pm, please wear a mask when ordering, and remain socially distanced during your visit.
• Sidewinder Coffee is open MON-FRI 6:30am-6pm & SAT-SUN 8am-6pm, now allowing 6 customers up front at a time, and has distanced seating open in the back as well as the courtyard, OR carry-out or curbside pickup. You can now even order ahead for scheduled pickup, through their website at this link, https://www.toasttab.com/sidewinder-coffee-4181-hamilton-ave/v3. You can also order packaged coffee online at www.sidewindercoffee.com/shop. Also offering free delivery of whole bean or ground retail coffee packages to those living in the 45223 area MON-FRI.
• Tillie’s Lounge is now open FRI/SAT 6pm-12am, masks required, and you can purchase one there if you don’t already have one. Guests are to remain seated at their table and can remove masks when seated, but must wear a mask when getting up from your table to order drinks, use the restroom, go outside, or leave, but no standing around. Any questions, call 513-541-1414.
• Urban Artifact taproom and courtyard is open WED/THU/FRI 4pm-10pm, SAT 12pm-10pm, SUN 12pm-8pm. Additionally, carry-out packaged beers and crowlers of their draft beers are available. Direct shipping is available to anywhere in Ohio for a flat rate of $14.99, FREE shipping on orders over $60. Shop online via their website www.artifactmerch.com, which also has their branded merch available. Call ahead for carry-out orders, 513-542-4222.
PHARMACY + RETAIL + SERVICES
• Building Value is open MON-FRI 9am-6pm, SAT 9am-5pm. Based upon guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the Ohio Department of Public Health, face coverings are now required for all customers, vendors, and staff. Please call 513-475-6783 with any questions.
• Casablanca Vintage is open MON-FRI 12pm-5pm (no more than 5 customers at a time), and SAT-SUN by appointment only, call to schedule 513-541-6999. Customers must wear mask and gloves or sanitize hands upon entrance.
• Downbound Books can keep you stocked on reading material, puzzles, and educational games for kids. Curbside pickup is now available MON/WED/FRI 4pm-7pm and SAT 11am-2pm. Order online for home delivery via USPS at https://www.downboundbooks.com. Media Mail shipping starts at a flat $2 and is free for book orders of $30 or more. See their dedicated page for the full overview of options as things develop https://www.downboundbooks.com/?q=p.current_status. Additionally, Downbound is discounting children’s craft, activity, and workbooks 20% for customers located in the Cincinnati area.
• Helltown Workshop is taking orders for cotton/polypropylene masks, check their FB page for availability updates. Upholstery services are also available by appointment, call 513-263-0204.
• Hi-Bred is open by appointment only, call 513-240-4664.
• Joseph Clark Gallery/Arts of Africa showcases the traditional tribal arts and artifacts of Sub-Saharan Africa. African statues and figures, masks, ritual objects, earthenware, textiles, tribal currencies, bronze figures and plaques, terracotta, jewelry, dolls and so much more are available for viewing and purchasing. The gallery also features the varied artworks of local artists and artisans. Located at 4038 Hamilton Avenue, call to make an appointment, 513-351-8111, or shop the collection direct from the gallery website, https://www.josephclarkgallery.com.
• Moreau Sewing Unlimited offers alterations and custom sewing, and has two locations: (Northside)1622 Chase Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45223, and (Over-the-Rhine) 1351 Main Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202. Both locations are open by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 513-413-6136 or 513-899-1054.
• Northside Hardware is open MON-FRI 9:30am-6pm, SAT 9:30am-4pm, call to see if they have what you need 513-541-1271.
• NVISION is open by appointment, offering clothing alterations/repair, and a wide assortment of vintage items for local pickup, you can even window shop from the window displays (furniture, clothing, accessories, games, housewares, kitsch). Select products are available for purchase & delivery when ordered through their website, www.nvisionshop.com. Check additional product photos on Instagram @nvisionshop or their FB page. To schedule an appointment for clothing alterations/repair, or for purchase inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail/text at 513-542-4577.
• Restoration Guitar, a Professional Fretted Instrument Services Workshop, is open by appointment TUE-FRI 11am-6pm, SAT 12pm-4pm. To schedule an appointment, please call 513-373-8629, or email email@example.com.
• Sally’s Treats & Treasures offers high quality resale kitchenware, both up-to-the-minute and vintage. Sally’s is open MON + WED + SAT 11am-2pm, and by appointment. See their latest newsletter at WhereCooksMeet.com. Text 916-300-8367 to set up an appointment.
• Schaeper’s Pharmacy is open via their new pickup window, MON-FRI 9am-7pm, SAT 9am-3pm, and they even offer prescription delivery to MOST local areas for $3. Order and pay ahead, call 513-541-0354. Check out services and products on their website, https://www.schaeperspharmacy.com/services-and-products.
• SPUN Bicycles is open for bicycle repairs, bicycle accessories, and of course, new bikes, available TUE-THU 11am-7pm, FRI 11am-6pm, SAT 10am-4pm. Call ahead to see if they have what you need, 513-541-7786.
HAIR + NAILS + BEAUTY
• Beautful Strands Salon & Barber Shop, Offering cuts, color, relaxer, locks, braids, weaving (sew-in & glued), lashes, eyebrow arching (wax & razor), make-up, barber cuts, manicures, and pedicures (natural, gel nails, & minx). Located at 4031 Hamilton Avenue, call to inquire about an appointment, 513-873-3664. You can also shop hair from LaTisha online at https://beautifulstrandscincinnati.mayvenn.com
• J.Nikole Glam Studio a licensed hair and makeup artist, specializing in all hair textures and skin types. Located at 4206 Hamilton Avenue, see services available, and book an appointment through the website, https://www.jaenicolestyles.com, or call 513-909-4247.
• Mama D&D Glam, a hair, makeup and nail salon providing mink lashes, threading, waxing and more. Mama D&D Glam also allows you to enjoy a glass of wine during your visit. See a list of services at https://alazstark.wixsite.com/mamadanddglamllc. Located at 1757 Chase Avenue. Call to make an appointment, 513-920-9288, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Stephanie’s Hair Options, a full service hair salon located at 4204 Hamilton Ave, call to make an appointment, 513-681-0600.
• Supreme Styles Barber Shop Call ahead to schedule an appointment or just stop by for conversation and a haircut! Many services are available stop in today to meet the barbers! Located at 1569 Chase Avenue, call ahead to make an appointment, 513-853-0211.
• TopCoat Nailbar Impeccably hygienic and skilled nail care. Custom hand-crafted nail art. Located at 1568 Chase Avenue, call to make an appointment 513-542-NAIL, or book through https://www.styleseat.com/m/v/topcoatnailbar.
• Yoma Cincinnati (formerly Salon Gorgeous & Taylor Jameson Hair Design) is now available for hair styling/cutting/coloring/highlights/blow outs and brow waxing. The salon has 4 stylists who are working by appointment only, for booking and availability, please use the online scheduler at https://square.site/book/BG47MZ5665KXH/yoma-cincinnati-oh, or text/call stylists directly. Once you arrive for your appointment, wearing a mask, you text your stylist and they will meet you outside, ask standard questions, and take your temperature. After entering the salon, you wash your hands, fill out a release form and then you’re ready to go! Call ahead with questions, 513-666-1401.
Please remember, while out of work, many of us are still able-bodied with respective skills and resources that could be shared in some way that we may not have previously thought about. We can put our collective efforts toward common goals, like hey, people can still go outside and could be taking walks while picking up litter, make Northside the cleanest it’s ever been!