And what a year it’s been! The Northside Business District has experienced some shuffling as a result, as our small businesses have struggled to stay afloat, let alone maintain staff health while continuing to serve, at albeit reduced hours with limited and adaptive services. Read on to see the Northside business comings and goings and moves to new locations:
- helltownbazaar moved to 4019 Hamilton Avenue, 2nd floor, sharing the space with Camp Babs Now vintage store.
- Movement Emporium opened in the former Hero Gym space at 4025 Hamilton Avenue, offering a unique space where people of all ages and levels can come for movement oriented classes specializing in dance and yoga. Find more info on their website, https://www.movementemporium.com.
- Yoga Ah! joined forces with Inyoke Yoga to become Northside Yoga & Wellness Center, a collective of Yoga Teachers, Bodyworkers, Therapists, and Holistic Health Practitioners, located at 4040 Hamilton Avenue.
- Taqueria 251 opened in the Gantry at 4110 Hamilton Avenue, it’s a taco bar crafting authentic Mexican fare and street food alongside cocktails and traditional drinks with an avant-garde twist. See their menu on the website, https://www.taqueria2five1.com/menu, or call 513-832-0041.
- Smoke Shop opened in the former Restoration Guitar location at 4141 Hamilton Avenue. Restoration Guitar moved to Camp Washington at 2951 Colerain Avenue.
- DSGNCllctv opened in the former Hazelglas building at 4150 Hamilton Avenue, offering Art Consulting for Residential, Commercial and Hospitality spaces. See more about what they do, and artists they represent, on their website, https://www.dsgncllctv.com
- Katchthekitchenresturant&bar is opening soon (March 20th!) in the former Django Western Taco space located at 4172 Hamilton Avenue. See their photos of the food on their social media pages, or call ahead to place an order for pickup 513-873-6866.
- TyeDye Nails opened right at the beginning of the pandemic, at 4175 Hamilton Ave (and then recently moved to 1709 Section Road). Storefront is waiting new tenant.
- Pinnokio’s Hair Studio returned to Northside after a stint in downtown Cincinnati, and opened this time in the former Helltown Bazaar space at 4178 Hamilton Avenue. Call 513-531-4668 to make an appointment.
- Morsel & Nosh finally opened at 4183 Hamilton Avenue, it’s a neighborhood Deli and Specialty Grocery providing you with Fine Cheeses, Cured Meats, Fresh Produce & Pantry Items. Follow them on social media to see daily specials, visit the website to see catering menus, https://morselandnosh.com, or call ahead 513-873-7399.
- Yoma Cincinnati opened in the former Salon Gorgeous/Taylor Jameson Hair Design at 4200 Hamilton Avenue, it’s a full service salon offering haircuts for all people and all ages, including hair, color, microblading, nails, and waxing services. 513-541-1456.
- Vectre closed at 4202 Hamilton Avenue. New tenant hasn’t been officially announced yet.
- Ajani’s – Gourmet Strawberries Sweets Boutique finally opened to the public at 4210 Hamilton Avenue, across from the Northside Library, offering chocolate covered strawberries, cupcakes, bagged candies, sweets and treats, including vegan and gluten free options. Also available for catering orders. Call 513-400-2188, or email email@example.com to place an order.
- Northside Dental Ryan Durner, DDS, LLC, assumed the practice of the former Dr. Thielen Dentistry office, located at 4254 Hamilton Avenue, and offers personalized care in a comfortable setting. Call 513-541-5655, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the website for more information about available services, https://northsidedentist.com.
- Rainbow Gallery is opening soon in the former Thunder-Sky Inc location at 4573 Hamilton Avenue, showcasing art by underserved artists. Find them on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/rainbow_cincinnati.
- Old Souls Collective tattoo studio opened in the former NVISION space at 4577 Hamilton Avenue. See examples of their work on Instagram at http://instagram.com/old.souls.collective, or call to make an appointment, 513-541-TAT2.
SPRING GROVE AVENUE
- Northside Gardens Bar opened in the Mixwells courtyard at 3935 Spring Grove Avenue, with an outdoor bar and courtyard.
- TiYah’s Table opened in the former Mahope restaurant space at 3935 Spring Grove Avenue, attached to Northside Gardens, and sharing the courtyard space. Offering “Good For Your Soul Food,” find the menu on their Facebook page, and call to place an order, 317-833-8703.
- Covet vintage clothing store closed at 3940 Spring Grove Avenue.
- HERO GYM is now located at 3932 Spring Grove Avenue, in the former Pallet 23 space.
- Blackbird Tattoo (Chris Savage) joined Plurabella (Kori Flatmo, etc) and became Blue Rock Tattoo at 3932 Spring Grove Avenue, by appointment only, call 513-542-9837, or email email@example.com.
BLUE ROCK STREET
- Northside Express, a convenience store, opened at 1734 Blue Rock Street, across from Dojo Gelato.
- Climb Cincy, a bouldering facility dedicated to providing a welcoming and inclusive space for all to gather and enjoy the activity of rock climbing, opened at 1708 Blue Rock Street. Find more information on their website, https://www.climbcincy.com.
- NVISION relocated to a studio in the Factory Events building located at 1546 Knowlton Street, now by appointment only, offering clothing alterations/repair, and personalized vintage clothing/accessories shopping appointments tailored to your size and taste preferences (no more vintage furniture and housewares). Leave a voicemail/text at 513-542-4577, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment, or browse products on the website http://nvisionshop.com.
- Tyler’s Custom Builds opened at 1569 Chase Avenue, above Supreme Styles Barber Shop, offering custom PC builds, computer/gaming system repair, and system upgrades. Contact for a consultation via https://tylerscustombuilds.com or email email@example.com.
- The Hive: A Center for Contemplation, Art, and Action, moved from 1662 Blue Rock to 1628 Hoffner Street.
- The SPCA, at 3909 Colerain Avenue, was taken over by Cincinnati Animal CARE, a no-kill animal shelter, providing stray dog services, Dog Warden, animal adoptions, and community resources for Hamilton County. Visit https://cincinnatianimalcare.org or call for more info, 513-541-7387.
–> AND THE NORTHSIDE TRANSIT CENTER FINALLY OPENED ON October 6th, 2020, resulting in the bus stops along Hamilton Avenue between Hoffner St/Spring Grove Ave and Blue Rock Street all moving to the Transit Center where there are 8 bays, covered seating, and real-time digital ETA boards, etc.
* PLEASE GET OUT THERE AND SHOP + EAT + DRINK + GET LOCAL SERVICES!